Thursday, June 2, 2011

Graco Ultra Clear Vibe Monitor Review

Graco Ultra Clear Vibe Monitor Review
I bought this as a replacement for a Fisher Price monitor that is no longer made.The previous monitor had the vibrate and lights features which is what I was looking for when I purchased this one. I use it to monitor my dogs when they sleeping on the other side of the house at night. The reception is clear and I can hear when they start moving about in the morning. With the vibrate feature, I would place the monitor under the pillow with the volume turned down. I was hoping that this one would work the same way. When the vibrate feature is turned on, even with the volume turned all the way down, there is still noise. It also picks up the slightest movement when the vibtate feature is on so it makes it difficult to sleep with it on. If I would have known that I would have just bought a regular monitor without that feature.
When we registered for baby stuff, we chose this one because of the Graco name and the features. It was a little higher priced, but we figured that meant it might be better than a cheaper one. WRONG. While it does pick up sounds very well, and the vibe feature is nice, the parent units when turned on emit a continuous buzzing that is extremely annoying. The buzz is there whether the unit is running on batteries or plugged in, and on channel a or b.



I work with an outdoor theater company and we use baby monitors so we can hear cues when backstage. For that purpose we didn't care about clarity and just bought cheap Fischer Price monitors. They were much clearer and didn't buzz. Don't buy this thing
Read more about Graco Ultra Clear Vibe Monitor Review...

No comments:

Post a Comment