Friday, June 3, 2011

Fisher-Price Long Distance Dual Baby Monitor, 900MHz - White/Grey Review

Fisher-Price Long Distance Dual Baby Monitor, 900MHz - White/Grey Review
I researched various monitors and bought this one for its long range and clarity.

I got the 2 monitor package. It is quiet, almost too sensitive (quiet noises can sound loud) and good range - works at my city neighbors house fine! It supposedly eats batteries - long range takes more power so that wouldnt surprise me - I only use it plugged in.

After about a month one of the two receivers quit working - static, then lost signal beeping. When I got around to calling mattel they had me try with a battery and then said they would send me a replacement receiver immediately, no questions!

I think the reviews of this product as horrible got defective ones - as I suspected, because I got one of each! But being one of two it wasnt a major problem.


My son is 9 months old. We were thrilled to get this monitor as a shower gift and have used it daily. The problem with the monitor is that we have only used it during naptime because our baby sleeps in our room at night yet the batteries in the monitor no longer charge. You can charge it overnight and you MIGHT get 15 minutes of use out of it. We are left with no choice but to leave the receivers plugged in to use them. Not exactly the convenience we were hoping for. We took the back off of the receiver to see if perhaps we could replace the batteries but they are hard-wired batteries that cannot be replaced. This is a good idea but needs a lot of improvement before it's a truly useful technology. Sadly, these were a big waste of money for somebody who wanted to give my child a gift that would last.
Read more about Fisher-Price Long Distance Dual Baby Monitor, 900MHz - White/Grey Review...

No comments:

Post a Comment