Thursday, June 2, 2011

Graco Angelcare Movement Sensor with Nursery Monitor Review

Graco Angelcare Movement Sensor with Nursery Monitor Review
So I sent my husband out to buy this the day we found out our infant had RSV. I knew that I wasn't going to be able to sleep unless I had some way of knowing my son was breathing.



Without doing a ton of research, we bought this one by Graco.



Here's the pros:

-affordable

-works well--even without the masonrite board they suggest you buy, which Graco doesn't sell anymore, though the instruction guide said it did

-instructions are easy to use and explain it well

--IT WORKS!



Here's the cons:



--the parent unit operates with a unit charger and when it's unplugged, it goes to batteries. If you ever plan to leave the room where it's plugged in, you will need to rely on the battery charge. We've had to change batteries at least once a week. This adds up!



--The monitor itself has 3 settings, sound only, sound and movement and one where it also picks up any sound in the room and ticks when it picks it up. Yes, it ticks. Annoying, so clearly we choose the sound and movement and not the ticking part. There is a button that you slide in one of 3 positions to indicate how you would like to use the monitor. If you decide to mute the ticking noise, it's very difficult to move the button for that feature. It can be done but sometimes it takes a few tries.

-------------

So the product works and I have peace of mind but it isn't without fault. I think in retrospect, I'd buy the one with the rechargeable parent unit. The batteries are adding up fast.
This monitor really is like having an Angel on duty. My daughter (a first-time mom) was nervous about laying her baby down alone but this monitor helped her feel more secure. Would definitely recommend this product to anyone.
Read more about Graco Angelcare Movement Sensor with Nursery Monitor Review...

No comments:

Post a Comment