Saturday, June 4, 2011

Smartcare X Xeon Indoor/Outdoor Wireless Color Camera System model CMS1000-900 Review

Smartcare X Xeon Indoor/Outdoor Wireless Color Camera System model CMS1000-900 Review
A few weeks after my baby girl was born my wife and I decided that the conventional monitor we got on the baby shower was not enough for us. We needed to check on our baby visually without the need of getting up 10 times per night. I started looking for a product that included not only audio but also video. Finally, I found it and proceeded to order. It worked fine for the first 6 months after which interference became a pain. I know, instructions read that wireless networks are a great source of static but still our apartment is pretty small and distances between the monitor and the camera are no more than a few feet. Additionally, the battery started to fail after six months -charge lasted for less than 30 minutes. We decided to keep the monitor permanently connected to the power source but still the low battery alert goes off constantly and suddenly it will turn off. We even think it might be a lose contact between the monitor and the power cable. Eleven months after I purchased the monitor I tried to contact the seller and even the manufacturer via email in order to find a friendly solution to my problem or at least to seek some advise. No answer.... no response. It is a shame that after I paid around $180 dollars for this product I get no customer service backup and no feedback at all. I wonder if some businesses still care about satisfied customers....
After several attempts, this is the only monitor we could find that would work with 2 cameras in 2 separate rooms without tons of interference. It's got a nice sized and pretty clear picture, and the motion sensor is a nice bonus feature. The manual is not very clear or well written, which is the reason I gave it only 4, rather than 5 stars. I'm still trying to play with the buttons and figure out the features. I haven't yet figured out how to turn the screen off and only hear the sound, if that's even possible. Otherwise great product that I would definitely recommend for anyone who needs to monitor 2 children in 2 rooms.
Read more about Smartcare X Xeon Indoor/Outdoor Wireless Color Camera System model CMS1000-900 Review...

No comments:

Post a Comment