Saturday, June 4, 2011

Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5" Screen Review

Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5
I registered for another video monitor by Summer but my Father bought this one for me. I love it. It has been so helpful. We have a newborn but use it more often for our 3 year old. It's a great way to keep an eye on her when she is playing in her room alone or to make sure she is in her bed sleeping instead of playing at bedtime. I can watch her sit up or get out of bed to play when I am trying to get her to go to sleep. Instead of having to walk back in to her room and catch her in the act I watch the monitor and then holler through the walls "get back to bed!" My husband and I love it. We catch our 3 year old dancing and singing in front of it. I only wish I could record what we see on it to share with family. We haven't had a problem with interference or anything else so far. I had to reset the camera and monitor and called Summer customer service for help and they were great. We've been using this monitor for 4-5 months.
So far so good but I wanted to share a bit of insight I gathered during the grueling process of monitor shopping. On the whole, this one is decent--battery life is at least 8 hours if video is not constantly on and the picture is workable, though not every crystal clear.



That said, the first Best View that I bought from [...] had a really grainy, pixelated image and wasn't all that hot. After reading other raving reviews I wondered if I hadn't gotten a dud. So I bought a second Best View from Target. It turned out that the first monitor was a 02644, the most recent model of this monitor, and the second was a 02640, the older version. Wondering if it was just my imagination that the older model seemed better I called Summer Infant customer service. The person I spoke to--who happened to be very helpful and pleasant--said that for some reason the newer model isn't working quite as well as the older one.



Long story short, it's a decent monitor all around but go with the older model if you have the choice.




Read more about Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5" Screen Review...

No comments:

Post a Comment