Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Levana BABYVIEW20 Interference Free Digital Wireless Video Baby Monitor with Night Light Lullaby Camera Review

Levana BABYVIEW20 Interference Free Digital Wireless Video Baby Monitor with Night Light Lullaby Camera Review
When I received my Baby View monitor I was very pleased with the look and video quality. At the time I was still pregnant and hadn't actually put it to use. When the time finally came that I was going to put my daughter in her own bedroom my husband and I set the camera up and laid my daughter down. She went to sleep perfectly, then to my suprise I realized I could no longer hear the quiet sound of her breathing. I thought maybe we had it on the wrong setting. It was almost like it was in the VOX mode but still showed the video. My husband and I read the manuel front to back and played with all of the buttons, finally I called the customer service line. They were very nice and said that there must be a problem with it and that someone would call me back in the morning, as it was 10:30pm by this time. The next day a women called me back from the company telling me that this is the way the monitor is supposed to function. The sound turns off until it detects a loud noise so that you do not get a lot of annoying background noise. I do not mind hearing some minor background noise to be able to roll over and hear my daughter breathing in the middle of the night. I am very unhappy with this product. This detail is not mentioned in any of the product info or in the manuel. If I would have known this I would have never considered buying this monitor.
This monitor is an acceptable device for our needs. It's not perfect, but it didn't cost a bundle either. The picture is good. The screen is large enough to see detail. I can see my baby breathing when attached to the crib side. The screen could stand to dim more for night time use in our bedroom, it's at least as bright as a night light & usually right next to your face, so that could be a problem for some people. The VOX option doesn't turn on at quiet enough noises, so we don't bother with it. The battery life after 8 months of use is still +4 hours. The volume will come on throughout the time it's running, making strange shifts from no sound to a white noise sound. About half of the time, this is due to an actual noise. It's durable, I drop it weekly & though the antenna cover broke once, I was able to fit it back on without it continuing to fall off all the time. The distance that it gets the camera's signal seems to have shrunk a small amount. I can still be two floors away & have a good signal but more than 15 feet outside of our house & I lose it. I used to be able to go further out into our yard. Also, there does seem to be some interference with our dual-band wireless internet connection if near a computer that is using it, it may cut out or run slow but not always. Really though, this is a good product, like I said, for the money. I'll buy another one if someone would tell me if two can run in the same house without interfering with each other.
Read more about Levana BABYVIEW20 Interference Free Digital Wireless Video Baby Monitor with Night Light Lullaby Camera Review...

No comments:

Post a Comment