Thursday, June 2, 2011

ZOpid Interference Free 2.4" Color Display Wireless Portable Digital Audio and Video Baby Monitor with Night Vision and Voice Alert Review

ZOpid Interference Free 2.4
I read many reviews on many products and decided to purchase the zopid interference free monitor system. It was a very smart decision on my part. Not only is it very user friendly, have a lot of options (including many different zoom views), but the clarity on the screen for BOTH day and night vision is excellent, the audio is SO much better than my existing Graco audio monitor system. The Graco system is always on - with this system, it only flashes on when there is either motion or audio detection (both very sensitive). So, my monitor next to my bed is virtually silent unless our baby makes noise. I also keep a sound machine on in the room while she sleeps and the system is smart enough to know that this is a constant and it doesn't alert me unless there's another noise. I set the video screen feature to 60 seconds - that way, it saves the battery life. Most of the time, it remains plugged in, so I've not had any issues with the battery life. I figure I don't need to have the monitor on all the time, so I set it to 60 seconds, which seems to be plenty of time - if I want to check on her, I just click on any of the side buttons and the screen comes to life. The bracket to mount the monitor is very easy to use. Also, the handheld device is very lightweight, which is a feature that I appreciate - who wants to carry around a 10 pound handheld monitor? The clip on the back is very useful, too. I am very satisfied with this product and would recommend it to anyone looking for a good video/audio monitor system that is priced well and is reliable, easy to use, and has a lot of sweet features.
I read a lot of reviews before purchasing this baby monitor and was a little hesitant to purchase this one from a company I wasn't familiar with (Who is Hi-Tech Trading (U.S.A)?). And to be honest I wasn't reassured when the product showed up - the units are surprisingly lightweight, the monitor is large compared to the monitor, and the physical design seems dated in the ipod era. The manual looks like it was designed in WordPerfect '95. Then I turned it on and realized how wrong I was - this is the best video monitor I could have hoped for and warrants me getting up to write a review and urge all you shoppers to save your time and buy this product! Here are my key monitor criteria and how the product fared:



- Video and audio quality: Very good, it surpassed my expectations and showed no visible interference, snow, static, or hissing.

- Range: Excellent, again surpassed my expectations. This one is hard to judge from the advertisements and surely equally hard for the manufacturer to describe. How far will the range be? Well it depends on any interference issues, walls, floors, building materials, etc. I live in a larger than average (3500 sq ft.) two story house, and the nursery is in a corner of the house on the second floor. The reception is excellent everywhere in the house, and even outside. I've never noticed the video even flicker or hesitate in the house.

- Interference: No interference noticed with my 2.4 GHz wifi setup. How does it do this so well when it seems like so many things do have noticeable interference in this band? The mysterious advertised frequency hopping baffles me but it works!

- Night vision: Works as described. Plenty of light to look across a crib with the camera. Does a great job of switching form night to daylight mode automatically.

- Controls: Volume buttons on the receiver. Don't bother buying a monitor without this function. This also turns the video on when it is sleeping due to no sound. The menu is full functioned with options and settings but also simple and easy to use without the helpful (but spartan-looking) manual. It has a digital zoom feature that may be useful and can zoom at the corners of the image also. Not tested, but apparently has easy integration of additional cameras and volume buttons can be substituted as camera change buttons.

- VOX: Amazing! If you leave the receiver unplugged you'll want to have the video turn off when your baby is still and quiet, but turn on when he/she makes any noise. This works great, and even has a visual volume indicator so you can see how loud it is even if you have the volume low or muted. Somehow it can even tell when I have white noise on (lapping waves of an ocean for example) and doesn't turn the video on for that, but as soon as baby gurgles it flips on. How does it do it? Again, beats me but it sure works well!

- Battery life: Exceeds advertised length in my experience with voice activated video.

- Privacy: I can't test this one, but since the frequency hopping that is supposed to prevent interference and ensure privacy prevents interference so well I'll give the manufacturer the benefit of the doubt and assume it is secure.

- Others: No annoying lights, plenty of volume, apparently good customer support.



What else is important in a video monitor? I can't think of anything. If you want a monitor that looks futuristic to impress your friends (without turning it on) you could probably find a better monitor but if you just want one that works without thinking about it do yourself a favor and buy this one.








Read more about ZOpid Interference Free 2.4" Color Display Wireless Portable Digital Audio and Video Baby Monitor with Night Vision and Voice Alert Review...

No comments:

Post a Comment