Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sony 900 MHz BabyCall Nursery Monitor with Receivers Review

Sony 900 MHz BabyCall Nursery Monitor with Receivers Review
This monitor has many of the features that I was looking for. Rechargeable, dual hand sets and many channels. The rechargeable handsets are great! I'm saving so much money on batteries. The dual hand set is fantastic because I don;t have to constantly carry it from bedroom to living room, although the snazzy belt clip works great!



The problem is the reception. It doesn't matter if you have this many channels if it's still fuzzy. It gets fuzzy just from me walking around the room. I'll roll over in bed at night and it gets fuzzy and the range alarm will go off. The A/C comes on it gets fuzzy. It has the same reception as the $20 monitor I used to have. When I upgraded to a $65 version I was expecting better than this. It remind me a lot of when I was a kid and we had rabbit ears on the TV. Mom & Dad would make us stand in weird positions holding them so they could see. My monitor is exactly like that.



In the end I wish I had paid the extra $30 to get the kind that seamlessly changes channels so you never have any interference. All the bells and whistles aren't worth it if I can't hear my baby. That is the whole point after all.
After a lot of research, I chose this one because of the dual receivers and the rechargeable batteries. I love that the monitor and receivers plug in so I don't have to have a ton of batteries on hand.

I keep one receiver down stairs and 1 in my bedroom. The sound quality is crystal clear and I haven't had any interference problems with my iPhone. I can even hear my son breathing most times, which is great for an anxious mom! I don't have a very large house, so I haven't had any problems with the range. I even took it out on the deck in my backyard and it still worked. I have been using this monitor for abour 2 months now and I am very happy with it.
Read more about Sony 900 MHz BabyCall Nursery Monitor with Receivers Review...

No comments:

Post a Comment