Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Summer Infant SecureSleep Baby Monitor Review

Summer Infant  SecureSleep Baby Monitor Review
We purchased this monitor for our second child's room, as we liked the features for the price (temperature sensor is quite accurate). The monitor works as advertised, however the lack of a VOX feature is quite annoying when the monitor is on and the parents are trying to sleep. The microphone is very sensitive, and you can actually hear breaths, which is great. We added this alongside an existing Sony BabyCall monitor, which we absolutely love - 3 years' running and the unit has had zero issues and the original battery still works. We have just purchased a Leavana BabyView video monitor, so keep an eye out for that review as well. Giving this a 4 out of 5 stars, based on the lack of a VOX control/option!
I tried out two of these, one from amazon and one from the military exchange. The 1st one, from the exchange didn't work properly. The egg didn't light up the proper color, but I liked the idea of the temperature monitor so much that I returned that one and ordered a new one from amazon. The one from amazon worked like it was supposed to but after listening in on my 20 month old for 3 minutes horrible loud shrilling static would emit from the monitor for about 60 seconds or so. And it did this every 5 minutes! My husband and I would rush over from playing outside with our 5 year old to "TURN IT DOWN!". Needless to say, it was very loud and annoying and I wanted so bad to keep it but I cannot handle the frantic search for the volume every time I use it. It did this the next 3 days too, even when inside. Maybe it was just that particular one, I don't know but I didn't risk another one!
Read more about Summer Infant SecureSleep Baby Monitor Review...

No comments:

Post a Comment