Monday, August 9, 2010

Philips Avent Digital Screen Baby Monitor with DECT Technology Review

Philips Avent Digital Screen Baby Monitor with DECT Technology Review
We bought the prior version of this system with our first son 2 years ago (the one with the orange accents.) We paid a premium for the security and sound quality, but what made the unit indespensible to us was the ability to start and stop the lullabyes remotely. The new generation has even better sound quality, but they've eliminated the ability to control the lights and lullabye functions from the parent unit. Hugely disapointing for us to lose those features, but we still never have static or interference, and the sound quality and temperature functions are great. We're keeping this one, but not a day goes by that we don't wish that our old orange unit still worked.


In looking for a good baby monitor to replace an analog one with a lot of static I researched many different types of monitors including more expensive video monitors. I decided to go with the DECT technology monitor which I could not locate in any stores near me. This monitor is wonderful. We have absolutely no static at all and at night I hear nothing until baby stirs. I love how the blue lights light up with the different sound levels so I don't have to rely on just the sound at night or while watching a movie. I also love that it has the talk back technology, but can be annoying when the husband has the parent unit as he likes to talk into it. I also tested the range on this monitor and I can pick up the main unit 5 houses away (6 if you include my house) so it also has a really nice linkage range too (my old analog one doesn't even make it to the rear of my back yard). Two things I think could be improved on this monitor are: 1-Sound level on the parent unit is low even on the highest setting (here's where lights come in handy) but you can hear it fine when you are sleeping. 2-the ability to turn on the music from the parent unit would be nice. I absolutely love this monitor and would buy it again if I had to and recommend it to anyone looking for a reliable and quiet voice monitor.
Read more about Philips Avent Digital Screen Baby Monitor with DECT Technology Review...

No comments:

Post a Comment