Saturday, August 21, 2010

Safety 1st Crystal Clear Baby Monitor, White Review

Safety 1st Crystal Clear Baby Monitor, White Review
With the birth of our second child we wanted to own a second monitor but didn't want to spend a lot of money, since we already own a Fisher Price of higher quality. The FP monitor has quite a long range so we can use it when we are outside and kids are napping, etc. We bought the Safety First monitor based on reviews on this site, hoping it would turn out to be like the positive reviews and not the negative.



Our experience so far (about one week) has been fantastic. The sound quality is just as good as the Fisher Price monitor. We've had no static issues whatsoever. The range seems quite good as well. I have taken it out into the backyard while the baby is sleeping and it has maintained the same level of quality. Yes, the pieces feel very lightweight and flimsy compared to our sturdy FP monitor. I suppose if I threw this monitor onto a hard surface it would smash into a million little pieces, but why would I do that with my baby monitor? It is serving its purpose for our family very well and I would highly recommend this monitor to anyone looking for something basic and functional.



If we do experience problems down the road I will revise this review.
I got exactly what I was hoping for - a simple inexpensive baby monitor without all the bells and whistles. The transmitter is downstairs in the baby's room and the parent receiver is upstairs in the kitchen. No, the sound quality is not perfect but it is great for the price. I can't hear every breath she takes but I can hear when she's in her bed playing and I can hear when she's crying. I don't get any static.



My only real complaint with this is that it takes a 9V batter (or can be plugged in) but the battery is not rechargeable. I usually have it plugged in so I can't comment on how long the battery lasts.
Read more about Safety 1st Crystal Clear Baby Monitor, White Review...

No comments:

Post a Comment