Friday, August 20, 2010

"THE HOME SENTINEL" Digital Wireless 3 Camera Handheld Baby Monitor; GUARANTEED FREE FROM INTERFERENCE!!! Review


If you need a monitor for a baby or small child, do yourself a favor and do NOT buy this system. Buy the Home Sentry instead. This same seller has both units for sale. The Sentry is much better for picking up the faint sounds of a baby.



As for the Sentinel, I ordered this three camera system as it sounded like the perfect system for my needs. The problem is the sensitivity of the mic when the unit goes into power saving mode. There is a dial on the side of the camera to adjust the sensitivity, but even with it turned all the way up, and the camera only a few feet from my 3 month old, it will not detect her crying, even when she is screaming. I have to yell at the camera to get the system to wake up. When it is on and awake, I will admit the clarity of the picture and sound is top notch. The fact that I can't actually use it as a monitor, however, makes this system completely useless to me or anyone else who wants to use it in this manner. I tried the other cameras and they made no difference. For my needs, this system is not suitable. Again, DO NOT BUY for a baby monitor.



As for the seller, they were very gracious and sent me a Sentry model out right away. I tried it and it worked great. Then I sent back the Sentinel and they sent me a check for the difference in price. You can buy from this seller with great confidence.



JJ
I ordered the Home Sentinel 3 camera digital wireless monitor from Amazon/Pegasus. This item was to be used for an 84 year old Alzheimer's patient. It arrived with only 2 out of 3 cameras. While apparently there was some confusion about how to resolve the issue it was resolved to my satisfaction and I appreciate the efforts of this supplier.

As far as the Home Sentinel 3 camera digital wireless monitor it is performing great and we find a sense of comfort in knowing the caregivers can monitor the patient in any of 3 rooms.
Read more about "THE HOME SENTINEL" Digital Wireless 3 Camera Handheld Baby Monitor; GUARANTEED FREE FROM INTERFERENCE!!! Review...

No comments:

Post a Comment